Score: VCU 1, Cincinnati 3 (25-20, 22-25, 19-25, 23-25)
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa. (Peterson Events Center)
Records: VCU 24-7, Cincinnati 26-6
The short story: After getting out to a hot start, VCU ultimately fell to Cincinnati in the first round of the NCAA Tournament after earning the programs' first ever at-large bid.
- Senior Jasmine Sneed lead the VCU squad with eight blocks in addition to hitting a team-high .455 in the match.
- Redshirt senior middle blocker Kat Young also had an impressive match, adding 10 kills and three blocks.
- Senior outside hitter Vicky Giommarini led the way offensively, with 13 kills on the night.
- Senior Libero Madalon Simpson was solid defensively, adding 17 digs to the VCU cause.
- Cincinnati's Jordan Thompson had a match-high 27 kills.
- The Bearcats held a 63-51 advantage in kills and outhit VCU .253-.230.
- VCU owned the first set behind senior Jaelyn Jackson's five kills. Jackson laid down an emphatic kill to cap off the 25-20 victory of the first set.
- Cincinnati took the lead midway through the second set and never looked back to win the second 25-22.
- After going down early, VCU fought back and used a 6-0 run to tie the third set 10-10, but were ultimately unable to get over the hump.
- The fourth set was a back-and-forth affair throughout, but Cincinnati was able to just edge VCU 25-23.
- VCU earned an at-large bid to the 2020 NCAA Tournament for the first time in program history.
- With her second block of the night, Sneed broke her own single-season VCU block record with 181.
- VCU finished the season with a 24-7 clip and went a perfect 14-0 in A-10 play.