Meet: George Mason Spring Invitational
Location: Fairfax, Va.
Results: George Mason Spring Invitational (Results)
The Short Story: VCU's Women's Track & Field Team continued their 2019 Outdoor season with a strong all-around showing at the George Mason Spring Invitational. Overall, the Rams had ten athletes place in the top-five of their respective events.
How It Happened
- Junior Delaney Savedge won the 5000m Run, finishing with a time of 17:47.18.
- Junior Samantha Yankson brought home first place in the Hammer Throw, posting a toss of 50.13m.
- Sophomore Aliyah Newman placed second in the Long Jump, recording a leap of 5.66m. Senior Alliyah Stevens finished fifth in the same event, posting a leap of 5.56m.
- Junior Khoi Banks earned a second place finish in the 100m Hurdles, posting a time of 14.28.
- Junior Judith White posted a second place finish in the 3000m Steeplechase, recording a time of 11:26.05.
- Senior Candice James placed third in the 400m Dash, recording a time of 57.29.
- Senior Taylor Watkins finished third in the 200m Dash, finishing with a time of 24.78. Freshman Chanelle Hodges placed fifth in the same event, recording a time of 25.00.
- Senior Denise O'Rourke earned a third place finish in the Discus Throw, posting a toss of 43.32m.
The Rams will be back in action on Friday, April 19, when they travel to Charlottesville, Va. to compete in the Virginia Challenge.