The Short Story: VCU's Women's Track & Field team opened their 2019 Outdoor season with a strong showing at the Miami Hurricane Invitational. Overall, the Rams had 14 athletes place in the top-five of their respective events.
How It Happened (Day One)
- Junior Delaney Savedge earned a top-3 finish after placing third in the 5000m Run, posting a time of 18:01.72.
- Senior Camora Sanders placed fifth in the Discuss Throw, posting a toss of 44.40m.
- Senior Denise O'Rourke placed one spot below Sanders in the Discuss, recording a throw of 44.34m.
How It Happened (Day Two)
- Seniors Nichelle Scott and Ashley Greenlee finished first and third in the 800m Run, finishing with a times of 2:13.01and 2:15.86 respectively. Junior Judith White also earned a top-five finish in the event, posting a time of 2:16.86.
- Junior Kayla Smith won the 400m Dash after finishing with a time of 53.94.
- VCU won the 4x400m Relay, posting a time of 3:41.96 on Saturday.
- Sophomore Aliyah Newman placed second in the Triple Jump, recording a leap of 12.51m.
- Junior Ashley Brown earned a second place finish in the 1500m Run, finishing with a time of 4:43.93.
- Senior Camora Sanders posted a second place finish in the Shot Put after recording a throw of 15.15m. Freshman Shannon Moise place fifth in the same event with a throw of 13.34.
- Junior Kara Lyles finished second in the 400m Hurdles, recording a time of 59.73. Senior Ann Sheehy also finished sixth in the event with a time of 1:03.46.
- Junior Khoi Banks placed fourth in the 100m Hurdles, posting a time of 14.25.
The Rams will be back in action on Friday, March 22, to host the VCU Ram Invite at Sports Backers Stadium in Richmond, Va.