Meet: Atlantic 10 Indoor Championship
Location: Fairfax, Va.
Results: Atlantic 10 Indoor Championship
The Short Story: VCU Women's Track & Field Team won their third consecutive Atlantic 10 Indoor Championship after strong showings over the weekend. The Rams scored 136 points to place first, while George Mason (120.5) and UMass (95) rounded out the top-3. In addition, Head Coach Jon Riley was named the Atlantic 10 Women's Coach of the Year.
How It Happened
- Sophomore Aliyah Newman posted ten points after she won the Triple Jump with a leap of 12.52m.
- Senior Camora Sanders won the Shot Put, posting a throw of 13.95m. Senior Tyler Robin also placed in the top-3 of the event, recording a toss of 13.31m. The results got VCU ten and six points respectively.
- Junior Kayla Smith took home first place in the 200m Dash, recording a time of 24.64.
- Senior Nichelle Scott earned a second place finish in the 800m Run, finishing with a time of 2:11.18. Her mark garnered eight points for VCU.
- Smith also finished in second place of the 400m Dash, posting a time of 54.37 to gain eight VCU points.
- VCU's 4x800m Relay Team placed third after Ashley Greenlee, Ashley Brown, Judith White and Nichelle Scott combined for a time of 9:04.26.
- Junior Emily Mulhern earned a third place finish in the 3000m Run, posting a time of 9:41.18 to give VCU six more points.
The Rams will be back in action on Friday, March 8, for the NCAA Indoor Track & Field Championships.