The Short Story: VCU's Women's Track & Field continued their 2019 Indoor season with another solid showing at the Liberty Flames Invite. Sophomore Aliyah Newman, Senior Camora Sanders and Freshman Shannon Moise each set new school records to lead the way for VCU. The Rams also competed at the Vince Brown Invitational over the weekend.
How It Happened (Liberty Flames Invite)
- Newman won the Triple Jump and set a new school record after posting a leap of 12.44m.
- Sanders set a new school record in the Shot Put after recording a toss of 15.19m. Moise set a new freshman school record with a 14.09m toss.
- Junior Kayla Smith earned a second place finish in the 400m Dash on Saturday, posting a time of 55.36.
- Junior Kara Lyles won the 500m Run, posting a time of 1:15.80. Senior Ashley Greenlee finished in third place, recording a time of 1:16.32.
- Juniors Ashley Brown and Judith White finished second and third in the 1000m Run, recording times of 2:58.86 and 3:01.06 respectively.
How It Happened (Vince Brown Invitational)
- Senior Alliyah Stevens finished in second place in the Long Jump, posting a leap of 5.33m.
- Junior Marian Osafo placed second in the Triple Jump, recording a leap of 10.95m.
- Junior Asiah Robinson earned a third place finish in the 400m Dash, posting a time of 1:01.43.
- Senior Daijona Revell placed sixth in the 60m Hurdles, recording a time of 9.37.
The Rams will be back in action on Friday, Feb. 8, when they travel to Lexington, Va. to compete in the VMI Winter Relays.