The Short Story: VCU's Women's Track & Field returned to action this weekend when they competed at the VMI Keydet Invitational.
How It Happened (Day One)
- Junior Emily Mulhern took home first place in the 5000m, posting a time of 16:57.60. Her time was an entire minute faster than the second place finisher.
- Sophomore Aliyah Newman placed second in the Triple Jump on Friday after posting a leap of 12.09m.
- VCU's 4x800M Relay team won at the Keydet Invitational after juniors Ashley Brown and Judith White combined with Ashley Greenlee and Nichelle Scott to post a time of 9:07.27.
- Junior Samantha Yankson earned an 11th place finish after recording a 14.72m toss in the Weight Throw.
How It Happened (Day Two)
- VCU's 4x400m Relay team brought home a second place finish after seniors Ashley Greenlee and Taylor Watkins joined juniors Kayla Smith and Kara Lyles to finish with a time of 3:49.55.
- Senior Nichelle Scott took home third place in the 1-Mile Run, recording a time of 5:06.36.
- Junior Kara Lyles earned a fifth place finish after posting a time of 57.68 in the 400M. Her mark also set a new personal best.
- Junior Janelle Cheatham finished in fourth place in the Long Jump, posting a 5.53m leap to set a new personal best.
The Rams will be back in action on Friday, Jan. 25 when they travel to Fairfax, Va. for the George Mason Invitational.