2019 NCAA Men's Tennis Tournament First Round
Score: No. 12 N.C. State 4, VCU 1
Location: Raleigh, N.C.
Records: VCU (18-6), No. 12 N.C. State (23-6)
The short story: No. 77 Paola Exposito Diaz-Delgado upended No. 10 Anna Rogers 6-1, 6-4 in the No. 1 singles but the Rams fell 4-1 to the Wolfpack.
- Diaz-Delgado earned the Rams' lone point as her No. 1 singles match wrapped up second.
- N.C. State won the No. 1 and No. 2 doubles to earn the doubles point.
- Melissa Ifidzhen pushed her match to three sets but fell to Amanda Rebol 4-6, 6-3, 6-0 in the No. 6 singles.
- Kanako Yano and Marina Alcaide Bakkari's matches were both in the third set when the clinching singles point was earned by the Wolfpack.
Final Score: No. 12 N.C. State 4, VCU 1
1. #77 Paola Exposito Diaz-Delgado (VCU) def. #10 Anna Rogers (ST) 6-1, 6-4
2. #71 Alana Smith (ST) def. Anna Rasmussen (VCU) 6-2, 6-4
3. Adriana Reami (ST) vs. Marina Alcaide Bakkari (VCU) 4-6, 7-6, 3-1, unfinished
4. Liz Norman (ST) vs. Kanako Yano (VCU) 6-2, 2-6, 5-4, unfinished
5. Bianca Moldovan (ST) def. Noumea Witmus (VCU) 6-0, 6-1
6. Amanda Rebol (ST) def. Melissa Ifidzhen (VCU) 4-6, 6-3, 6-0
Order of Finish: 5,1,2,6
Order of finish: 1,2
Diaz Delgado earned the A-10's automatic bid to the 2019 NCAA Women's Tennis Singles Championship and will continue playing. The singles competition will be conducted May 20-25 at the USTA National Campus in Orlando, Fla.