Final Score: VCU 2, Saint Joseph's 1
Location: Dayton, Ohio (Baujan Field)
Records: VCU (16-3), Saint Joseph's (14-5-2)
- With a win today, VCU advances to their second consecutive A-10 title game.
- Brouwer scored her first goal of the season in the 76th minute.
- Jerabek scored her 11th goal of the season in the 3rd minute.
- Redshirt freshman keeper Grace Young recorded her second win in goal this season, making eight saves.
- VCU scored multiple goals for the 13th time this season.
- Today's win marked the sixth consecutive victory for the Rams, who have also won 12 of their last 13 matches, and pushed them to 11-1 against conference opponents this season.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Rams started the match aggressively as Jerabek recorded the first goal of the game when she found the back of the net on a beautiful cross from Megan Enos. The goal put VCU on top 1-0 early in the first half.
- Young came up big for VCU, making three saves in two minutes to keep the Rams on top 1-0 in the 26th minute.
- VCU entered halftime leading 1-0.
- Saint Joseph's Morgan Bower tied the game at 1-1 when her shot in the 56th minute found the back of the net.
- Brouwer put VCU back on top in the 76th minute after St. Joe's keeper punched out a cross by Karen Lohrmann where Brouwer was waiting to convert the goal from just outside the 18-yard box.
- Young made two more huge saves in the 80th and 81st minutes to preserve VCU's 2-1 lead.
HEAD COACH LINDSEY MARTIN
"It was a terrific effort today from our group. St. Joe's is a dangerous opponent and that game gave fans a ton of excitment going in both directions. I'm extremely proud of how well we fought throughout the entirety of the 90 minutes. Now we need to rest our bodies for the quick 42 hour turnaround and prepare for SLU (St. Louis)."
VCU will be back in action at 12 p.m. this Sunday, Nov. 4, against No. 1 seeded St. Louis for the Championship round of the Atlantic 10 Conference Tournament.