Final Score: VCU 17, St. Bonaventure 5
Location: Richmond, Va. (Cary Street Field)
Records: VCU (5-9, 2-5 A-10), St. Bonaventure (1-14, 0-7 A-10)
The Short Story: Savannah Slack scored three of VCU's first six goals as the Rams jumped out to an early 6-0 lead and cruised to a win over St. Bonaventure.
- Slack finished with a team-high four goals and one assist on just five shot attempts.
- Ryann Shaughnessy scored three goals and caused one turnover.
- Keriann McTavish scored two goals and had three assists. McTavish led the team with seven draw controls.
- Molly Barcikowski had a team-high four assists and scored one goal.
- Gabby Gibbons, Blaire Langeler, Abby Osmeyer, Isabella Evans-Riester and Katie Matz each scored once.
- VCU outshot the Bonnies 36-17 overall and 28-14 in shots on goal.
- The Rams went 3-for-4 on free position shots while St. Bonaventure went 0-for-2.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- VCU had built a 5-0 lead on the Bonnies just over four minutes into the game and led 6-0 with 22:15 left before halftime.
- St. Bonaventure scored back-to-back goals to get within 6-2 but the Rams scored twice in the final 28 seconds of the first half to lead 8-2 at the break.
- The Rams extended their lead to 11-2 after opening the second half with three consecutive goals.
- The Bonnies answered with three consecutive goals of their own but were shutout for the final 20:18 of the contest. VCU scored the final six goals of the game.
VCU hosts Davidson at 1 p.m. on April 14 at Cary Street Field.