Final Score: VCU 21, LIU Brooklyn 12
Records: VCU (3-1, 0-0 A-10), LIU Brooklyn (1-5, 0-0 NEC)
Location: Brookville, N.Y. (Played on the campus of LIU Post)
The Short Story: LIU Brooklyn scored first but VCU reeled off six unanswered goals and cruised to a road win over the Blackbirds.
- Molly Barcikowski scored five goals on just six shot attempts. She also added an assist, three ground balls and three draw controls.
- Sky Hyatt also scored five goals along with four draw controls and three ground balls.
- Clare Murphy scored three goals and tie with Hyatt for the team-high of four draw controls.
- Anna Koniencki scored twice and six other Rams scored one goals.
- VCU outshot LIU Brooklyn 45-30 overall and 36-23 in shots on goal.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Blackbirds scored the game's first goal with 26:33 left in the first half. VCU's offense came to life as Jessica Del Rossi found the back of the net less than three minutes later.
- Her goal was the first of six unanswered goals in a span of 11:16 that gave VCU a 6-1 lead with 12:32 remaining before halftime.
- The Rams led the Blackbirds 9-4 at the break.
- VCU stretched its lead to 19-10 in the second half, its largest lead of the game to that point, and held off any chance of a LIU Brooklyn rally.
VCU will now travel to Army for a 4 p.m. match on March 8.