Final Score: William & Mary 69, VCU 55
Location: Richmond, Va. (Siegel Center)
Records: VCU (3-6), William & Mary (7-2)
The Short Story: VCU forced a season-high 22 turnovers, but couldn't slow down a hot-shooting William & Mary team down the stretch.
- Tera Reed scored a team-high 14 points on 6-of-14 shooting while adding three rebounds, two assists and two steals.
- Madison Hattix-Covington scored 12 points, her fifth game in double figures this season.
- Danielle Hammond had 10 points and five rebounds while going 3-of-5 from the floor.
- The Tribe held a 30-21 advantage in rebounding.
- VCU had a 26-16 edge in points in the paint over William & Mary.
- William & Mary finished the contest 21-for-36 (58%) from the field, 8-for-18 (44%) from three-point range and 19-for-21 (90%) at the free throw line.
- The Tribe were led by Eva Hodgson, who contributed 18 points, four rebounds and a game-high four assists.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Rams got off to a quick start, jumping out to a 14-7 lead with 2:49 left in the first quarter of action.
- William & Mary bounced back though, going on a 12-3 run that carried over into the second quarter and resulted in a 19-17 lead for the visitors.
- The Tribe held VCU to just nine points in the second quarter and took a 32-26 lead into halftime.
- William & Mary caught fire in the second half, shooting 69% from the floor and an impressive 67% from beyond the arc over the final 20 minutes.
- Reed, Hammond and Archie scored all 17 of the Rams' points in the third quarter as VCU trailed 47-42 heading into the fourth.
- The Tribe went on an 18-8 run in the fourth quarter to extend its lead to a game-high 17 points in the final minute of regulation and held off the Rams for the win.
VCU returns to the Siegel Center to take on Old Dominion next Sunday, Dec. 15 at 1 p.m.