Meet: Nittany Lion Challenge
Location: State College, Pa.
Results: Nittany Lion Challenge
The Short Story: VCU's Men's Track & Field team opened their 2020 Indoor season at the Nittany Lion Challenge on Saturday.
How It Happened
- Sophomore Jaekob Vollbrecht placed fourth in the shot put with a toss of 17.10m. Juniors Ebenezer Belayneh and Glen Yancey earned personal bests in this event
- Junior thrower Will Schwartz finished third in the weight throw with a personal best of 18.83m. Vollbrecht (sixth place) and Belayneh (eighth place) also had strong showings in this event, posting PR throws
- Freshman Christian DuBois placed fifth in the high jump, while Sophomore Mykalee Atkins finished right behind DuBois, both recorded personal bests
- Senior Bashir Idris recorded a sixth-place finish in the long jump
- Sophomores Emmanuel Waller and Daiqwaun Faircloth earned sixth and seventh place finishes in the 60-meter hurdles
- Jonathan Mitchell and Noah Hackerson completed the 200-meter run with respective personal records of 22.16 and 22.59
- In their first meet as Rams, Jared Knight and Corey Bannister both recorded PRs in the 600m
- Senior distance runner Lucas Sidle secured a personal record in the mile
- Hackerson, Waller, Mitchell and Chukwuezugo Aguolu earned a sixth place finish in the 4x400-meter relay
The Rams will compete in the Hokie Invitational in Blacksburg, Va. on Friday, Jan. 17 and Saturday, Jan. 18.