Meet: Fred Harvey Invitational
Location: Richmond, Va.
Results: Fred Harvey Invitational (Day One) (Day Two)
The Short Story: VCU Men's Track & Field continued it's 2019 Outdoor season this weekend at the Fred Harvey Invitational. Overall, the Rams had fourteen athletes finish within the top-five of their respective events.
How It Happened (Day One)
- Will Schwartz took home first place in the Hammer Throw, recording a toss of 57.95m. His mark was over seven meters further than the second place finisher. Jaekob Vollbrecht also placed in the top-5 of the event, posting a toss of 46.98m.
- Drew Hess won the Javelin Throw after recording a toss of 57.81m.
- Ebenezer Belayneh placed second in the Shot Put, posting a throw of 15.50m. Glen Yancey finished two spots later, posting a throw of 14.09m.
- Sebastian Evans posted a fourth place finish in the 400m Hurdles, recording a time of 55.96.
- Bryce Catlett placed fourth in the 1500m Run, finishing with a time of 4:03.75.
How It Happened (Day Two)
- Jaekob Vollbrecht won the Discuss Throw on Saturday, posting a toss of 49.91m. Ebenezer Belayneh also placed within the top-5 after recording a 45.73m toss.
- Ian Davis won the 110m Hurdles, finishing with a time of 14.45. Emmanuel Waller also placed fifth in the event, posting a time of 15.88.
- Xyan Xrichardson earned a second place finish in the High Jump, recording a leap of 2.00m.
- Jordan Fountain placed fifth in the 800m Run, posting a time of 1:56.11.
- Justin West finished in fifth place in the 200m Dash, recording a time of 22.50.
The Rams will be back in action on Friday, April 5, when they travel to Jacksonville, Fla. to compete in the UNF Invitational.