Meets: Virginia Challenge| CNU Captains Classic
Location: Charlottesville, Va. | Newport News, Va.
Results: Virginia Challenge | CNU Captains Classic
The Short Story: The Rams closed out the Virginia Challenge and CNU Captains Classic on Saturday, setting pace for the conference championships taking place in two weeks.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Marcus Finnie took third place overall in long jump after recording a mark of 7.14m.
- The 4x400 meter relay team set their best time of the season with a 3:11.25. Bigal Harrison, Chukwuezugo Aguolu, Kahlil Shepard, and Devon Thompson each contributed to the sixth place finish.
- Also earning a sixth place finish was Ian Davis in the 110 meter hurdles. The sophomore ran a 14.57 time.
- Placing fifth in the javelin was Shawn Scornaienchi. His mark was 58.09m.
- Jamik Alexander competed in the 200m, completing the half-lap in 21.76 seconds.
CNU Captains Classic
- 1:56.55 was all Austin Conway needed in the 800m for sixth overall. Coming in one spot behind Conway was sophomore Jordan Fountain at 1:57.05.
- Placing fourth overall in the 1500 was sophomore Bryce Catlett. The distance runner recorded a time of 3:58.25.
- Junior Bashir Idris took gold in the men's triple jump after clearing a distance of 14.09m.
- Coming in at second in the shot put was freshman Ebenezer Belayneh.
The next time the Rams compete will be for the Atlantic 10 conference title. The meet begins Saturday, May 5.