Meet: Towson Tiger Invite
Location: New York, N.Y.
Results: Towson Tiger Invite Results
The Short Story: VCU took on the Towson Tiger Invite Friday night at the New York City Armory. The men's team placed second out of a pool of 12 teams and came in just behind Rutgers. Freshman Xyan Xrichardson took first place in the high jump.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Three Rams finished in the top seven in the 60-meter dash. Junior Marcus Finnie placed second running the race in 7.02. Devon Thompson and Kahlil shepherd followed, placing sixth and seventh respectively.
- In the hurdles, sophomore Ian Davis took second place after a 8.23 performance.
- Junior Jamik Alexander placed second in the 200-meter after a season-best 22.05. Also scoring for the Rams in the 200 was Kareem Payne and Justin West.
- Two Rams collected points in the the mile as Bryce Catlett placed second with a 4:23.54 time. Coming in less than a second after Catlett was Austin Conway with a third place finish
- Sophomore Chukwuezugo Aguolu took fifth place in the 400-meter run with a time of 50.29, scoring for the Rams in that event for a second consecutive week.
- VCU had a successful night in field events with Xrichardson out jumping everybody to take first place in the high jump and clearing a height of 1.99 meters. Marcus Finnie claimed third in the long jump, and junior Devin Bethea earned a fourth place spot in the triple jump. Freshman Jacob Greenless secured third in the weight throw with a mark of 15.51 meters.
The Rams head west to Lexington, Va. for the Keydet Invitational hosted by VMI. The invitational is VCU's first two-day meet of the season spanning Jan. 19 and 20.