Score: VCU 90, La Salle 52
Location: Richmond, Va. (E.J. Wade Arena at the Stuart C. Siegel Center)
Records: VCU 15-5 (5-2 A-10), La Salle 12-5 (5-2)
Attendance: 7,637 (93rd consecutive sellout)
- VCU opened the game with a 3-pointer from Samir Doughty and the Rams never trailed in the game, leading by as many as 42 points with 6:29 left in the second half.
- Senior forward Ahmed Hamdy posted his second double-double in three games, scoring 13 points while adding 11 rebounds and two blocks. He knocked down 4-of-6 shots from the field.
- In addition to Hamdy, junior forward Justin Tillman provided 16 points and nine rebounds. He was 7-of-10 from the floor.
- Senior guard JeQuan Lewis logged 15 points and five assists in just 20 minutes of play, while redshirt freshman guard Samir Doughty added 15 points along with four assists and two steals. Senior forward Jordan Burgess kicked in 10 points for VCU.
- VCU shot .565 (35-of-62) percent from the field and .400 (8-of-20) percent from 3-point range.
- VCU held the Explorers to just 16 points in the first half, their lowest scoring half of the year. La Salle was 4-of-26 from the floor and committed nine turnovers in the first half.
- For the game, the Rams limited La Salle to a .283 mark (15-of-53) from the field. La Salle shot 7-of-27 from 3-point range in the game.
- The Rams also had a decisive 43-30 edge in rebounds and a 23-10 advantage in second chance points.
- VCU also outscored La Salle by a staggering 42-14 margin in the paint.
- The Rams also led 22-10 in points off turnovers as they forced 16 from La Salle.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- The 38-point margin was VCU's largest in a conference game since a 112-53 drubbing of Towson in a CAA matchup on Jan. 27, 2010.
- Hamdy recorded his second double-double in three games.
- VCU recorded five double-figure scorers for the third time this season.
First place in the Atlantic 10 Conference will be on the line when the Rams host Dayton on Friday, Jan. 27 at 9 p.m. at the Siegel Center. That game will be televised on ESPN2.