Mar 05, 2015
- Score: Davidson 82, VCU 55
- Records: Davidson (22-6, 13-4), VCU (21-9, 11-6)
- Location: Belk Arena – Davidson, N.C.
- The Short Story: Freshman Terry Larrier scored 12 points off the bench for the VCU basketball team, but it wasn't enough as the Rams dropped a tough 82-55 road decision to a red hot Davidson squad. Larrier led a freshman foursome that scored 24 of VCU's 55 points on the night.
How It Happened
- In front of a sold out crowd, Davidson ran out to a 12-2 lead after Jordan Barham connected on a layup off an assist from Jack Gibbs with 16:05 left in the half.
- Larrier would ignite the Rams with five points in a two-minute span and keep VCU within striking distance at 19-9 with 12:09 to play in the stanza.
- Davidson would keep the foot on the gas, shooting 57-percent from field and knocked down six 3-pointers en route to a 40-21 halftime lead.
- Treveon Graham sparked the Rams coming out of the break, leading VCU on a 6-2 run to cut into the Davidson lead at 42-25 with 17:45 to play.
- A 3-pointer by Tyler Kalinoski with 13:58 to play pushed the Wildcats' lead past 20, 51-29, which is where it stayed for the majority of the rest of the contest.
- Sophomore Mo Alie-Cox scored seven points in the second half to keep the Rams fighting, but Davidson finished with 51-percent shooting, including 11 3-pointers en route to the victory.
- VCU returns to action on Saturday, March 7 for the regular season finale against George Mason. It will be Nationwide Senior Night as the Rams will honor its three seniors prior to the game. Festivities will begin around 5:15 with tip set for 5:30 on NBC Sports Network.