Nov 07, 2014
- Score: VCU 92, California (Pa.) 43
- Location: Verizon Wireless Arena at the Stuart C. Siegel Center inside the HDL, Inc. Athletic Villages
- The Basics: Junior Melvin Johnson led four Rams in double-figures with a game-high 20 points as the VCU men's basketball team wrapped up its preseason with a 92-43 exhibition win over California (Pa.) on Friday night, in front of yet another sellout at the Siegel Center. Freshman Justin Tillman finished with 14 points, 10 rebounds and two blocks.
- Social Media Recap: Through The Eyes of #RamNation
- Photo Gallery
- Video: Highlights, Post Game Presser
How It Happened:
- Sophomore Jordan Burgess hit his first three 3-pointers to ignite the Rams offense and give VCU a 23-9 lead with 11:15 to play in the first half.
- Johnson keyed a 19-2 run with three 3-pointers of his own to help send the Black & Gold into the half with a 46-14 advantage.
- Freshman Terry Larrier connected on back-to-back layups to extend the Rams' lead to 67-25 with just over 10 minutes remaining.
- Tillman thrilled the crowd with three dunks in the final six minutes to cap off VCU's exhibition victory.
- The Rams open up the regular season next Friday, November 14 in the Veterans Classic at the Naval Academy in Annapolis. VCU will face off against Tennessee on CBS Sports Network. Tip time is set for 6:30 p.m.