|High School:||Middleburg Academy|
|MO ALIE-COX - CAREER STATISTICS
· Quickly became a fan favorite for his defensive presence earning the “Mo Says No” chants at the Siegel Center
· Big, physical, low post body who possesses a 7-1 wingspan
· Praised for his ability to run the floor and provide a physical presence inside
· His game has been compared to likes of Charles Barkley and DeJuan Blair
· Recognized with the "Black History in the Making" Award from VCU's Criminal Justice program
COACH SMART ON MO:
“The continued development of his confidence is a big thing. It has grown a lot and he definitely feels like he belongs and it’s significant, but now he has to believe ‘hey I’m better than this guy and I can attack him and make plays. He’s more effective in other ways. I was really pleased with the year he had last year and the progress he’s made’”
VCU CAREER HIGHLIGHTS:
· As a freshman, he blocked nearly four shots per 40 minutes, which ranked second in the Atlantic 10
· Career high 13 rebounds against Old Dominion on Nov. 29
PRIOR TO VCU:
· Listed as the No. 9 recruit in Virginia, according to Rivals.com.
· Averaged nearly 20 points and over 10 rebounds per game during his senior campaign at Middleburg and was named to the First-Team All-State squad.
· As a junior, he led his Middleburg Academy squad with 16 points, 12 rebounds and seven blocks per game. His outstanding play earned him First-Team All-State accolades.
· Drew interest on the recruiting circuit from Nevada, Delaware, George Washington and Wake Forest.