Atlantic 10 Conference Championship – Second Round
Location: Orlando, Fla. (Cypress Golf Club)
Course info: Par 72, 7,024 Yards
VCU position: 1st of 11 (+10)
Top Ram: Ian Peng T2nd (-2)
The short story: Freshmen Ian Peng and Adrian Vagberg charged up the leaderboard in Saturday's second round to lead VCU to a 1-stroke lead at the Atlantic 10 Conference Championship in Orlando, Fla. The Rams (+10) will look to claim the title in Sunday's final round at the Cypress Golf Club.
- Peng matched the field's best round of the day, firing a 4-under 68 to move into a tie for second place overall. The freshman sits 2-under through 36 holes, two strokes off the lead of Davidson's Jack Lang.
- Peng began to hit his stride Saturday when he eagled hole No. 6, a 561-yard par 5. Later, he opened the back nine with three straight birdies
- Vagberg shot a 2-under 70 Saturday to slide into sixth place at even par
- VCU shot a tournament-best 288 as a team Saturday
- The Rams lead defending champion Davidson (+11), which shot 290 Saturday, by a single stroke. George Washington (+14), Saint Joseph's (+16) and St. Bonaventure (+17) round out the top five
- Sophomore Kristian Tannum Donaldson shot a second-round 74 for the Rams and finds himself tied for 13th for the Rams
- Sophomore Sachin Kumar and junior Alston Newsom are currently tied for 34th for VCU
VCU will tee off in Sunday's final round at 8:15 a.m. Live scoring is available via Golfstat.com