Tournament: The Irish Creek Intercollegiate
Location: Kannapolis, N.C. (The Club at Irish Creek)
Course Info: Par 71, 7,099 Yards
VCU Finish: T11th (+11)
Top Ram: Kristian Tannum Donaldson T28th (+1)
The short story: Sophomore Kristian Tannum Donaldson fired a final round 69 to climb the leaderboard and pace VCU at the Irish Creek Intercollegiate over the weekend.
- Tannum Donaldson began the day in 49th place, but fired three birdies on the front nine and made the turn in 34 strokes. He added two more birdies on the back nine and vaulted into 28th place
- VCU finished 11-over for the two-day event and shared 11th place with Dartmouth. UNC Greensboro (-18) captured the team title. Ohio State (-10), Kansas (-9), Florida State (-6) and Davidson (-4) rounded out the top five
- Sophomore Sachin Kumar and freshman Clifford Foster tied for 49th place for the Rams, which freshmen Adrian Vagberg (55th) and Ian Peng (63rd) completed VCU's lineup
INSIDE THE SCORECARD
- Tannum Donaldson tied for second in the field in par 5 scoring (4.33). He was a combined 6-under in those opportunities
- VCU recorded 48 birdies over weekend, including 13 from Tannum Donaldson. Vagberg, Foster and Kumar all carded nine
- Peng shot par or better on 41 of 54 holes
VCU will head to Cary, N.C. to compete in the Stitch Intercollegiate April 12-13 at the MacGregor Downs Country Club.