Tournament: Seahawk Intercollegiate
Location: C.C. of Landfall (Wilmington, N.C.)
Course info: Par 72, Yardage 6,967
Top Ram: Daniel Stamper (+9) T26th
The short story: Senior Daniel Stamper carded a final-round 72 and tied for 26th to spark VCU at the Seahawk Intercollegiate this week at the Country Club of Landfall.
- Stamper's effort is his second top-30 finish as a Ram. He shined early Tuesday, recording five birdies in his first nine holes, including four straight on his way to the turn.
- Freshman Sachin Kumar finished a stroke behind Stamper in 28th place. He opened play with a 3-under 69 during Monday's first round.
- VCU placed ninth overall amid the 14-team field. Host UNC Wilmington (-2) cruised to a 12-stroke win on its home course. Campbell (+10) was second, followed by Michigan State (+15), Richmond (+17) and Miami (Ohio) (+21).
- Seniors Osama Khan (71-75-84=230) and Alister Balcombe (77-76-77=230), as well as sophomore Alston Newsom (75-77-78=230) all tied for 42nd for the Rams.
79-Errol Clarke (94-95-106=295)
INSIDE THE SCORECARD
- Stamper made much of his headway on the par 5s. The senior from Puyallup, Wash. Was 4-under in those opportunities and averaged 4.67 strokes on those holes.
- Stamper also logged 12 birdies in the tournament, while Kumar and Khan booked nine a piece.
- Newsom led the team with 33 pars.
VCU will head to The Club at Irish Creek in Kannapolis, N.C. April 7-8 for the Irish Creek Intercollegiate.