Final Score: Fordham 11, VCU 1
Location: Richmond, Va. (The Diamond)
Records: VCU (26-9, 9-2 A-10), Fordham (22-14, 7-4 A-10)
The Short Story: After a three hour rain delay, VCU fell to Fordham 11-1 on Saturday. The loss tied the weekend series at 1-1 heading into Game Three on Sunday.
- Andrew Schatz led the way for the Rams offensively, posting one hit in his only at-bat, one run scored, one RBI and a homerun for the Rams
- Brett Norwood and Andrew Puglielli combined to post two hits on Saturday
- The Rams bullpen totaled six strikeouts vs Fordham
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Schatz scored the Rams first run of the day in the bottom of the eighth with a solo shot to left field. The play brought the score to 11-1 late.
- Fordham scored the opening run of the game after Tarabek's RBI single scored Bardwell.
- Mackenzie extended the lead to 2-0 in the top of the second when his RBI single score Guercio.
- Fordham scored four runs in the top of the third to extend their lead to 6-0 early.
- Fordham scored five runs in the fourth through sixth innings to take an 11-0 lead.
- VCU's defense, led by Jaden Griffin and Danny Watson, shut Fordham down in the seventh through ninth innings, allowing no runs to score.
VCU will be back in action tomorrow, April 14, for Game Three of their weekend series with A-10 foe Fordham. That matchup is slated for 1 p.m., at The Diamond in Richmond, Va.