Final Score: ODU 6, VCU 5
Location: Norfolk, Va. (Bud Metheny Stadium)
Records: VCU (25-8, 8-1 A-10), ODU (19-13, 3-9 A-10)
The Short Story: ODU uses ninth inning rally to outlast VCU 6-5 on Tuesday. The loss snapped the Rams six game winning streak.
- Liam Hibbits led the way for the Rams offensively, posting three hits in three at-bats, two runs scored, two RBIs and a homerun on Tuesday
- Paul Witt added one hit, one run scored and one RBI for the Rams
- Brett Norwood and Hunter Vay combined to post two hits, one run scored and one RBI in the loss
- The Rams totaled nine hits vs ODU
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Rams defense, led by Gillispie, shut ODU in the opening four innings, allowing no runs to score.
- VCU scored the first run of the game in the top of the fourth, after Vay's RBI drove Norwood home.
- The Rams extended their lead to 4-0 in the top of the fifth after Witt's RBI double down the left field line plated Hogan Brown. Moments later, Hibbits homered to center to score tack two more runs to VCU's total.
- ODU scored their first runs of the game and tied the score at 4-4 in the bottom of the sixth.
- Logan Amiss's RBI single in the top of the eighth drove Hibbits home to put the Rams back on top at 5-4.
- The Monarchs scored twice in the bottom of the ninth to beat VCU 6-5.
VCU will be back in action on Friday, April 12, for Game One of their weekend series with A-10 foe Fordham. That matchup is slated for 6:30 p.m., at The Diamond in Richmond, Va.