Final Score: Richmond 3, VCU 0
Location: The Diamond (Richmond, Va.)
Records: VCU 29-19 (12-9 A-10), Richmond 24-20 (10-8 A-10)
The Short Story: The VCU Rams held senior day on Sunday, honoring their nine seniors in the Class of 2018. As for the game, the Rams dropped to the Richmond Spiders by a final score of 3-0.
- Steven Carpenter and Liam Hibbits notched the only hits of the ball game, each going 1-for-3 on the day.
- Brett Willett was the other base runner on the day, drawing a walk.
- Jack Alkire made a strong start on the ballgame, tossing four shutout innings and striking out four.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Richmond got on the scoreboard in a big way in the top of the fifth inning, as Anthony Forte smacked a two-out two run home run to give the Spiders a 2-0 lead.
- The dagger came in the top of the seventh inning, as D.J. Lee doubled down the left field line, scoring Forte for a 3-0 lead.
- Robbie Baker held down the Rams for all nine innings, surrendering hits to only Carpenter and Hibbits in the complete game shutout.
VCU will return to action Tuesday, May 8 as the Rams head to Norfolk to take on the Old Dominion Monarchs. First pitch Tuesday is set for 6 p.m.