Meet: Georgia Tech Invitational
Location: Atlanta, Ga.
The Short Story: The freshmen shined for the Rams in day one of the Georgia Tech Invitational, as Delaney Savedge and Alexis Willis both posted personal records in their respective events.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Delaney Savedge cruised to a new personal record in the 3,000-meter steeplechase with a time of 11:16.38. Savedge finished fourth out of 17 competitors and now sits at number eight on the Atlantic 10 list.
- Khoi Banks posted a time just off her season-best in the 100-meter hurdles, posting a time of 14.64 seconds.
- Alexis Willis placed 14th out of 43 runners in the 100-meter dash, finishing with a time of 12.02 seconds. The freshman moves into second place in the Atlantic 10 with the time.
- Dajae Goulet posted a time of 12.12 seconds in the 100-meter dash. She moves into third place in the event in the Atlantic 10.
- Latasha Williams placed 12th out of 21 in the shot put with a mark of 12.61 meters.
VCU competes in day two of the Georgia Tech Invitational in Atlanta, Georgia tomorrow, Saturday, April 22.