Meet: George Mason Spring Invitational
Location: Fairfax, Va.
Results: George Mason Spring Invitational Results
The Short Story: The Rams travelled north on Saturday, April 8 to visit Atlantic 10 conference rival George Mason and compete in the Mason Spring Invitational. The 4x100-meter relay team continued its success while Nichelle Scott competed in her first 400-meter run since last season and won the race.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Rams placed first in the 4x100-meter relay, beating out 16 other teams with a time 46.37 seconds. Latrice Morris, Alexis, Willis, De'Nisha Smith, and Dajae Goulet competed for VCU in the event.
- Scott placed first in the 400-meter run in just her first time competing in the event since the 2016 Fred Hardy Invitational. Her time of 55.29 seconds currently ranks third in the Atlantic 10.
- Dajae Goulet ran the 200-meter dash in 24.89 seconds, putting her in the top five among Atlantic 10 competition. She placed third out of 74 runners in the event. Goulet also finished fifth in the 100-meter dash with a time of 12.14 seconds. Her time ranks third in the Atlantic 10.
- Alliyah Stevens and Janelle Cheatham rounded out the top ten in the long jump, as duo placed ninth and tenth, respectively. Stevens leaped to mark of 5.53 meters while Cheatham hit a mark of 5.48 meters.
- Latasha Williams hit an outdoor season high in the shot put, throwing to a mark of 12.23 meters.
- Taylor McCormick placed eighth out of 38 jumpers in the triple jump, leaping to a mark 11.81 meters.
- Christina Solomon leaped to a height of 1.65 meters in the high jump to place second in the event out of 23 jumpers.
- Ann Sheehy earned third place in the 400-meter hurdles with a time of 1:03.10. The time is a season-best for Sheehy.
- Camora Sanders placed fourth in the discus with a throw of 43.94 meters.
The Rams travel to Harrisonburg, Virginia to compete in the William Walton Invitational on Saturday, April 15.