Meet: Colonial Relays
Location: Williamsburg, Va.
Results: Colonial Relays Results
The Short Story: The VCU Track and Field went east this weekend to Williamsburg, Virginia for the Colonial Relays. After facing the stormy weather on Friday, the Rams saw great efforts from the sprint medley relay team and 4x100-meter relay team.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The 4x100-meter relay team earned first place with a time of 46.32 seconds. The time, posted by the combination of Latrice Morris, Alexis Willis, De'Nisha Smith, and Dajae Goulet, is currently the number one Atlantic 10 time in the event.
- Led by Alexis Willis, the sprint medley relay team came in second out of 30 teams with a total time of 4:00.30 over the 1,600-meter event. Willis was followed by Dajae Goulet, Ann Sheehy, and Ashley Greenlee.
- Christina Solomon and Amiaya Carey leaped to a mark of 1.65 meters in the high jump. The mark ties Carey's personal record and is currently tied for first in the Atlantic 10 in the event.
- Ashley Greenlee placed eighth out of 66 runners in the 400-meter run with a time of 57.87 seconds. It is a new personal record for Greenlee in the event.
- Ashley Brown posted a time of 2:14.21 in the 800-meter run. The time is currently the seventh best time in the Atlantic 10.
- Delaney Savedge and Judith White posted top five Atlantic 10 times in the 3,000-meter steeplechase, with Savedge posting a time of 11:27.65 and White posting a time of 11:28.76.
VCU will head north on Saturday, April 8 to compete in the George Mason Invitational in Fairfax, Virginia.