Meets: UTSA Roadrunners Invitational | Fred Hardy Invitational
Location: San Antonio, Texas | Richmond, Va.
Results: Roadrunners Invitational Final Results | Fred Hardy Invitational Final Results
The Short Story: De'Nisha Smith competed in two events and crushed a previous personal record in the 100-meter hurdles. Nichelle Scott continued her success in the 800-meter run, finishing second in the event.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Nichelle Scott placed second out of 20 runners in the 800-meter run with a time of 2:11.87.
- Smith placed seventh out of 19 runners in the 100-meter hurdles, crossing the line 14.30 seconds. It is a new personal record for Smith in the event. She also placed eighth in the 400-meter hurdles with a time of 1:02.99.
- Candice James secured a top 10 finish in the 400-meter run with a time of 57.49 seconds.
- Alexis Willis placed ninth in her first 100-meter dash as a Ram, completing the race in 12.15 seconds.
FRED HARDY INVITATIONAL
- Janelle Cheatham nearly surpassed her personal record in the long jump, leaping to a mark of 5.34 meters to place second in the event.
- Daijona Revell ran a season-best 15.52 in the preliminaries of the 100-meter hurdles. She placed sixth overall in the finals with a time of 15.70 seconds.
- Dajae Goulet achieved a huge personal record in the 200-meter dash, completing the race in just 25.12 seconds to place fourth out of 68 runners.
VCU heads to Williamsburg, Virginia this Thursday, March 30 through Saturday, April 1 to compete in the Colonial Relays hosted by William and Mary.