Meet: Villanova Invitational
Location: Staten Island, N.Y.
Results: Villanova Invitational Final Results
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sophomore Latrice Morris finished fourth in the 200-meter dash with a time of 24.88 seconds, moving into fifth place among Atlantic 10 competition. Morris also finished sixth in the 60-meter dash.
- Sophomore Camora Sanders secured fourth place in the shot put after a toss of 13.30 meters.
- Freshman Ashley Brown achieved a personal best in the mile, running a time of 5:08.84. Brown finished fifth in the event.
- Sophomores Ann Sheehy and Ashley Greenlee finished in the top 10 in the 400-meter run. Both times are currently in the top 12 among Atlantic 10 times in the event.
- The 4x400-meter relay team (De'Nisha Smith, Ann Sheehy, Nichelle Scott, Ashley Greenlee) finished in third in the event after a big surge by Nichelle Scott to bring the team to a time of 3:50.99.
- Christina Solomon leaped her way to a fourth place finish in the high jump with a mark of 1.65 meters. The mark ties her season high in the event.
- Samantha Yankson and Latasha Williams both threw their way to personal bests in the weight throw, with Yankson hitting a mark 13.27 meters and Williams a mark of 14.32 meters.
- Khoi Banks earned a personal record of 9.12 seconds in the 60-meter hurdles.
- Delaney Savedge hit a personal best 10:22.13 in the 3,000-meter run.
- Sophomore multi Sakia Konin improved her the 60-meter hurdles time to 9.20 seconds, hitting a personal record in the event.
VCU will prepare for two weeks as they look forward to return to the track at the Atlantic 10 Indoor Track and Field Championships on Saturday, Feb. 18 in Fairfax, Va.
COACH RILEY ON THE WOMEN'S EFFORT
"I like where we are. The effort is there...we can see how bad they want to succeed. We have two weeks to polish up a few things before we compete at A10's. I'm confident the coaching staff will have the athletes ready to go."