Jan 20, 2017
Meet: Virginia Tech Hokie Invitational
Location: Blacksburg, Va.
Results: Hokie Invitational Results
The Short Story: VCU's day one at the Virginia Tech Hokie Invitational centered around junior Nichelle Scott's performance. Scott ran a top-five Atlantic 10 time in the 1,000-meter run, securing third in the event. Freshman Kayla Smith continued her hot start as a Ram, finishing in the top five of the 300-meter run.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Scott ran like the wind to a secure a time of 2:52.11 in the 1,000-meter run. Scott finished third, and the time is currently the fastest time for the event in the Atlantic 10.
- Smith ran the 300-meter run in 39.08 seconds. Smith finished fifth in the event.
- Junior Taylor McCormick jumped her way to a mark of 11.97 meters in the triple jump. She earned eighth in the event.
- Senior Emily Dyke finished the mile with a time of 5:06.67. Her time qualifies as the tenth-best time so far in the Atlantic 10 this season.
- Freshman Khoi Banks ran a personal record time of 9.16 seconds in the 60-meter hurdles prelims.
- Sophomore Daijona Revell finished just behind Banks with a time of 9.21 seconds.
- Freshman Dajae Goulet ran a personal best in the 60-meter dash, crossing the line with a time of 7.76 seconds.
VCU competes in the final day of the Hokie Invitational tomorrow, Saturday, Jan. 21.