Meet: ECAC Outdoor Track & Field Championship
Location: Princeton, N.J. – Princeton University
Results: Full Results – Click Here
Short Story: Junior Kiara Porter (pictured, main) took home the top spot in the 100-meter dash to highlight VCU Women's Track & Field's first-ever top-10 finish at the ECAC Outdoor Championship meet this past weekend. Porter was also a part of the 4x100 and 4x400 meter relays, which both posted top-five performances. Senior Jaleesa Williams (pictured, right) rounded out the scoring for the Rams with a third-place finish in the shot put.
- Porter took home the gold in the 100-meter with a time of 11.60. Her nearest competitor finished in 11.75.
- She also ran the third leg of the 4x100 meter relay, which finished third with a time of 45.85. Porter was joined by Qualitra Brown, Nicole Grasty and Jessica Ewing.
- Porter's day concluded by running the anchor leg of the 4x400 meter relay, which grabbed a top-five finish with a time of 3:43.11. Joining Porter on the relay was Grasty, Brown and Brianna Krumholz.
- Williams broke her own school record in the shot put with a toss of 48' 4 ½", which was good for third at the meet. She now has top-50 throws in the East Region in both the discus and shot put.
- Ewing also posted a top-20 finish with a time of 24.29 in the 200-meter, good for 16th overall.
- Freshman De'Nisha Smith also finished in the top-20 of the 400-meter hurdles with a time of 1:01.74.