March 30, 2013
Distance Runners, Throwers Shine at Day One of Richmond’s Fred Hardy Invitational
MEET: Fred Hardy Invitational (Richmond, Va. – Robins Stadium)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Hush set a personal-best time of 15:01.85 in the 5000-meter race and finished in third placed.
- In the 10,000-meters, Earman ran a gutty a race and finished in fifth place. The Nokesville, Va. native stayed with the lead pack throughout the race and finished with a personal record time of 32:57.70.
- Sophomore Ryan Coles finished sixth in the men's hammer throw with a 46.64-meter throw.
- On the women's side in the hammer throw, junior Jaleesa Williams finished second with a toss of 50.44-meters.
- Jaleesa Williams also placed second in the shot put throwing a 14.10-meter toss. While her sister, junior Jessica Williams had a season-best throw of 13.77-meters for third place.
- In the high jump, junior Megan Simpson placed tied for third with a jump of 1.60-meters. She had three good jumps at the 1.65-meter height, but clipped the bar on the way down.
- Freshman Carina Peter placed fifth in the women's triple jump with a score of 11.48-meters.
The VCU track and field team continues the Fred Hardy Invitational all day at Robins Stadium on the campus of the University of Richmond.