MEET: New Balance Invitational - (New York, N.Y.)
THE BASICS: The VCU Women's Track and Field team competed against more than 100 college track and field programs across the country in the New Balance Invitational at the historic Armory in New York, N.Y. over the weekend. The meet was separated into a championship and college division because of the size of the event.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Freshman Carina Peter set a new personal record in the 60-meter dash with a time of 7.81 seconds.
- In the 200-meter dash sophomore Kiara Porter ran 24-seconds flat and placed 10th.
- Junior Erin Geraghty set a new personal-best with a time of 2:59.23 in the 1000-meter race.
- In the 60-meter hurdles sophomore Alexis Stroman set a new PR with a time of 8.65 seconds.
- Redshirt junior Chaneka Perry placed sixth in the triple jump. Perry's best jump was 12.04-meters.
- In the shot put, freshman Briana Ratchford set new personal-record 12.19-meters.
- Redshirt junior Jessica Williams threw a PR of 14.61-meter in the weight throw.
"We had a very productive weekend with plenty of good performances. This was a final tune up for the Atlantic 10 Championships and it seems as though everything is coming together. I am excited about our first indoor conference championship and our plan will be to show up and show out."
-VCU Head Coach Jon Riley
The Rams will have next weekend off, before heading to Kingston, Rhode Island for the Atlantic 10 Track and Field Indoor Conference Championship.