Final Score: Saint Louis 5, VCU 1
Location: Dayton, Ohio (Baujan Field)
Records: VCU (16-4), Saint Louis (17-3-1)
The Short Story: Saint Louis scored five goals including three in the second half to top VCU in the Atlantic 10 Championship.
- Ingrid Brouwer scored her second goal of the season in the 74th minute.
- VCU had four players named to the Atlantic 10 All-Tournament Team in Brouwer, Samantha Jerabek, Sarah Gibson and Kelly Graves.
- Amanda Tredway led VCU with two shots in the match.
- Redshirt freshman keeper Grace Young recorded ten saves in goal for the Rams.
- The Rams held a 10-2 advantage in saves for the game.
- VCU's 16 victories this season set a new program record for wins in a single season.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Billikens struck first in the 4th minute of action when Lindsay Sands found the back of the net to put Saint Louis up 1-0.
- Saint Louis's lead stretched to 2-0 on a VCU own goal in the 19th minute.
- CiCi Fox recorded the first shot on goal for the Rams in the 67th minute to force a save by Saint Louis's keeper Olivia Silverman.
- Brouwer scored VCU's lone goal on a header in the 74th minute off a well played cross by Emma Kershner, who was credited with an assist on the play.
- SLU's Maddie Pokorny scored in the 74th minute to put the Billikens up 3-1.
- Pokorny scored her second and third goals of the game in the 78th and 89th minutes respectively to give SLU a 5-1 advantage.
- Jerabek almost cut the lead to 5-2 in the 89th minute but her shot from just outside the 18-yard box was saved by SLU's keeper Silverman.
VCU's fall season comes to a close with a 16-4 overall record while going 11-2 against A-10 opponents.