Final Score: VCU 3, St. Bonaventure 0
Location: Allegany, N.Y. (Marra Athletics Complex)
Records: VCU (6-2), St. Bonaventure (0-6-4)
- Tallent's goal in the 60th minute was her first of the season.
- Jerabek's goals in the 44th and 79th minute were her fourth and fifth of the season respectively.
- VCU's defense stifled the Bonnies and allowed only two shots on target.
- Senior keeper Audrey Sanderson recorded her fourth shutout of the season making two saves.
- VCU held an 8-2 advantage in shots on goal.
- The Rams also held a 10-0 advantage in corner kicks.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- VCU opened the game aggressively when CiCi Fox recorded the first shot on goal of the game in just the 7th minute of action. Her attempt was saved by St. Bonaventure's keeper Lauren Malcolm.
- The Rams continued to put pressure on the Bonnies by piling up four corners and three shots on goal in the first 30 minutes.
- Jerabek broke the 0-0 tie just before halftime when she shot a rocket to the far post. The goal came off a perfect cross through the box from Susanna Friedrichs, who was credited with the assist.
- VCU applied immediate pressure again to start the second half as Kelly Graves' shot in the 55th minute was just high.
- Tallent extended the lead to 2-0 in the 60th minute when Jerabek controlled a loose ball and placed a great pass back to the center of the box before Tallent did the rest.
- Jerabek extended the lead to 3-0 in the 79th minute when she caught St. Bonaventure's Malcolm out of position and finished a nice shot into the open net. The goal was her second of the game.
- St. Bonaventure's best chances came in the 30th and 57th minute but Sanderson was able to save both attempts.
HEAD COACH LINDSEY MARTIN
"Tonight was a strong start to our A-10 campaign. We asserted ourselves early on in the match and were eventually rewarded with three good goals. It was a solid team effort from all 21 who stepped on the pitch this evening."
VCU hosts its first home A-10 match of the season at 7 p.m. this Sunday, September 23, against George Mason.