Final Score: VCU 2, Northern Iowa 0
Location: Iowa City, Iowa (UI Soccer Complex)
Records: VCU (3-1), Northern Iowa (1-1-2)
The Short Story: Kelly Graves scored two second half goals as the Rams shutout Northern Iowa and pushed their winning streak to three games.
- Graves scored two goals and recorded three total shots.
- Cici Fox and Karen Lohrmann were each credited with an assist on Graves' first goal.
- VCU dominated offensively and racked up an 18-8 shot advantage including a 13-5 edge in shots on goal.
- Samantha Jerabek led the team with four total shots and three shots on goal.
- VCU held a 6-1 advantage over Northern Iowa in corner kicks.
- Graves' first goal was her first of the season.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- VCU applied immediate pressure to UNI's defense as Alyssa Tallent recorded a shot within the first minute of the game.
- The Rams racked up nine more shots in the first half, six of which were saved by Northern Iowa's keeper.
- Lohrmann crossed the ball in to Fox who flicked the ball onto Graves and set her up to score her first goal of the season and give the Rams a 1-0 lead in the 57th minute.
- Graves found the back of the net again just seven minutes later to push the Rams lead to 2-0.
- The win marked VCU's second shutout of the season as Audrey Sanderson recorded five saves.
HEAD COACH LINDSEY MARTIN
"We had a solid team performance today, capped by two great goals by Kelly Graves. Any game we come away with a shutout, we have a lot to be proud of. Now we will rest up and prepare for Iowa on Sunday."
VCU remains in Iowa City, Iowa for a matchup with Iowa at 1:30 p.m. CT (2:30 p.m. ET) on Sunday Sept. 2.