Final Score: VCU 16, Davidson 15 (OT)
Location: Richmond, Va. (Cary Street Field)
Records: VCU (6-9, 3-5 A-10), Davidson (7-9, 1-7 A-10)
The Short Story: After surrendering a 15-12 lead late in the second half, VCU rallied to beat the Wildcats in overtime after Sky Hyatt fought through a crowd of defenders for the game-winning goal.
- Hyatt scored a game-high six goals along with one assist. She had 15 shot attempts with 14 of them coming on goal.
- Molly Barcikowski scored four goals and had an assist along with two draw controls.
- Clare Murphy added two goals, an assist and two ground balls.
- The Rams and Wildcats finished even in shots at 31-31 with VCU having a 27-23 edge in shots on goal.
- VCU went 20-of-22 on clear attempts while Davidson was 17-of-20. The Rams were also 4-of-10 on free position shots while Davidson was 2-of-6.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- VCU and Davidson had six ties in the first half as the teams battled and traded goals to make it 6-6 with 16:04 left before halftime.
- The Rams shutout the Wildcats for the remainder of the half and scored three unanswered goals to take a 9-6 lead at halftime.
- The Wildcats scored three consecutive goals to open the second half and tie the game at 9-9 with 24:57 remaining in regulation.
- The Rams pushed their lead to 13-9 with 12:38 remaining but Davidson scored four of the final five goals in regulation to send the game to overtime. The last Wildcats goal came with 39 seconds left in the second half.
- VCU was able to capitalize on a Davidson yellow card early in overtime as Hyatt scored 1:18 into the period for the win.
VCU hosts Senior Day and their final regular season matchup on April 20 on 1 p.m. against George Mason.