Final Score: Richmond 14, VCU 8
Location: Richmond, Va. (Cary Street Field)
Records: VCU (4-8, 1-4 A-10), Richmond (11-2, 4-1 A-10)
The Short Story: After VCU cut Richmond's lead to 6-4 at halftime, the Spiders scored the first three goals of the second half, including two goals up due to yellow card accumulation, and pulled away.
- Ria Peralta made a career-high 22 saves for the Rams.
- Keriann McTavish scored a team-high four goals on eight shot attempts.
- Clare Murphy and Molly Barcikowski each scored one goal and had one assist.
- Blaire Langeler and Ryann Shaughnessy also each scored once.
- Richmond outshot VCU 41-20 overall and 36-13 in shots on goal.
- The Spiders were led by Sam Geiersbach who scored three goals and had two assists.
- VCU had seven yellow cards, allowing Richmond to score three goals up in the second half.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Richmond scored the first three goals to lead 3-0 with 24:18 left in the first half.
- Murphy and McTavish scored the next two goals to cut the deficit to 3-2 with 13:15 left in the first half.
- The two teams continued to play a defensive first half and Richmond led 6-4 at halftime.
- VCU picked up its fourth yellow card early in the second half trailing 7-4 and the Spiders took advantage scoring back-to-back goals to push their lead to 9-4.
- The Rams got back within 11-8 on a McTavish goal with 9:19 left but VCU couldn't find the back of the net in the final nine minutes.
VCU travels to George Washington for a 1 p.m. draw on April 7.