Final Score: Saint Joseph's 17, VCU 13
Location: Philadelphia, Pa.
Records: VCU (4-6, 1-2 A-10), Saint Joseph's (7-4, 3-0 A-10)
The Short Story: After rallying from an early five-goal deficit, VCU took a 13-12 lead with 11:16 remaining. Saint Joseph's was able to retake the lead in the final 7:33 and hold on for the win.
- Keriann McTavish scored a game-high five goals on seven shot attempts.
- Sky Hyatt scored three goals and had three assists in addition to two draw controls.
- Molly Barcikowski had two goals and an assist along with a team-high five draw controls.
- Ria Peralta made 17 saves in goal for the Rams.
- Saint Joseph's led VCU 19-13 in draw controls and outshot VCU 46-28 overall. The Hawks had a 34-21 edge in shots on goal.
- Saint Joseph's was led by Bridget Cerciello who tied McTavish with a game-high five goals. She also had a game-high eight draw controls.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Hawks got out to a 5-0 lead with 21:28 remaining in the first half.
- VCU responded by scoring six of the next seven goals to tie the game at 6-6 with 10:58 remaining before halftime.
- Early in the second half, Saint Joseph's led 12-10 with 16:28 remaining before VCU scored three unanswered goals to take its first lead at 13-12 with 11:16 remaining.
- The Hawks scored the games' final five goals to retake the lead for good.
VCU will face La Salle in Philadelphia, Pa. on March 31 for a noon draw.