Final Score: VCU 13, George Washington 12
Location: Richmond, Va. (Cary Street Field)
Records: VCU (5-8, 3-2 A-10), George Washington (9-4 2-3)
The Short Story: After leading the entire game, VCU had its lead cut to just 13-12 with 54 seconds remaining. George Washington earned the ensuing draw control, Caroline Glenn forced a turnover and secured the win for the Rams.
- Molly Barcikowski scored a team-high four goals on just six shot attempts.
- Jessica Del Rossi had three goals on five attempts.
- Blaire Langeler also scored twice for VCU.
- Sky Hyatt, Clare Murphy and Ayana Gordon each scored once.
- Ria Peralta made seven saves in the cage for the Rams.
- VCU outshot the Colonials 38-29 overall and 30-19 in shots on goal.
- George Washington was led by Katie Glenn's four goals.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- VCU jumped out to a 3-0 lead with 11:55 left in the first half.
- The Rams ultimately scored five of the first six goals and led 5-1 with 8:30 remaining before halftime.
- George Washington scored the final three goals of the half to trail just 5-4 at the break.
- The Rams started the second half strong and built a 7-4 lead on a Langeler goal with 28:10 remaining.
- The Colonials hung around and only trailed 9-7 with 19:12 left before three unanswered goals gave VCU its largest lead of the game at 12-7 with 14:19 remaining.
- The Colonials made a late run and closed the game scoring five of the final six goals but VCU hold off the rally.
VCU travels to Davidson for a noon draw on April 15.