Final Score: VCU 54, Davidson 47
Location: Richmond, Va. (E.J. Wade Arena)
Records: VCU 15-14 (8-8 A-10), Davidson 6-22 (4-12)
Attendance Record: VCU broke its single-season attendance record and averaged over 1,000 fans per game during the season.
The Short Story: Senior Keira Robinson and sophomore Bria Gibson each scored in double figures to help the Rams close the regular season. The Rams used a 9-2 run late in the fourth quarter to turn a 41-41 tie into a 50-43 lead with just 46 seconds left.
- Robinson came away with a team-high 13 points and eight rebounds. She assisted on three baskets and shot 4-of-6 from the line.
- Gibson scored 12 points, going 4-of-6 from the field and pulling down a team-high nine rebounds in the process. She also tied her career-high in steals with three.
- VCU came down with 15 offensive rebounds and scored 15 second chance points.
- VCU outrebounded the Wildcats 43-30 and won the offensive rebound battle 15-7.
- The Rams forced 16 Davidson turnovers and scored 19 points off turnovers.
- Gibson had three of the Rams' eight steals, with GG Goodhope and Ashlee Mitchell adding two each.
- VCU's defense limited Davidson to shoot just 13 percent from beyond the arc.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Davidson jumped out to an 8-0 lead to start the game, but VCU would go on a 10-3 run to end the first quarter.
- VCU would take its first lead of the game at the 7:44 mark in the second quarter off of a layup by Isis Thorpe to go up 14-13.
- A short cold spell for Rams allowed Davidson to retake a slim lead halfway through the second quarter but a long range shot from Goodhope tied the game at 19-19.
- The Wildcats would take a 23-20 lead going into the half.
- VCU went into the fourth quarter leading 39-32 after going on a 10-1 run to end the third. Gibson was responsible for four points in that span while Robinson added two field goals of her own.
- Davidson started the fourth quarter the way it started the first, going on an 9-2 run to tie the game at 41-41
- The Rams closed out the game on a 13-4 run, with a bulk of the run coming off from seven points by Robinson in the last two minutes of the game.
VCU play in the Atlantic 10 Women's Basketball Championship First Round beginning this weekend. More information about dates, location and times will be available online at VCUAthletics.com or on Twitter @VCUAthletics.