Final Score: VCU 77, Saint Bonaventure 60
Location: Olean, N.Y. (Reilly Center)
Records: VCU 14-14 (7-8 A-10), St. Bonaventure 9-18 (4-11)
The Short Story: Three Rams scored in double figures to lead VCU to a commanding 77-60 road win. Senior Keira Robinson led all players with 15 points as well as eight rebounds. Seniors Mooriah Rowser and Ashley Pegram combined for 28 points, scoring 14 each.
- Pegram went 2-of-2 from behind the arc. The senior recorded season-highs in both 3-point field goals made and points.
- The Black and Gold held St. Bonaventure to a measly 37.3 percent shooting from the field.
- VCU shot better than 50 percent from the floor for just the second time this season.
- The Rams outrebounded the Bonnies by a 37-33 margin.
- Senior guard Ashlee Mitchell scored a season-high six points and went a perfect 4-for-4 from the free throw line.
- VCU contributed a complete team effort with 39 of their 77 points coming off of the bench.
- Senior Isis Thorpe recorded three of the Rams eight steals.
- Robinson and Pegram both hauled in eight rebounds.
- VCU held the Bonnies to a paltry 10 percent shooting from 3-point range.
- Saint Bonaventure jumped to a quick 4-0 lead, but the Rams opened up with back-to-back 3-pointers to take a 6-4 lead.
- The Bonnies would tie things up at 6-6 but a Pegram layup put the Rams up 8-6 and VCU would not trail for the remainder of the game.
- VCU went on a 9-4 run to close out the first quarter with a 14-10 lead.
- The Black and Gold dominated the second quarter with a 19-6 run and would go into the break leading 34-16.
- The Bonnies made a push early in the third quarter but a pair of free throws by Rowser gave the Rams a 26-point lead, the largest of the game with 6:05 left in the third quarter.
- VCU went into the final stanza with a commanding 21-point lead and shot an outstanding 63.6 percent from the floor.
The Rams return to the E.J. Wade Arena at the Stuart C. Siegel Center on Tuesday, Feb. 21 when they host Davidson for their regular season finale at 6 p.m.