Final Score: VCU 85, Brown 72
Location: Richmond, Va. (E.J. Wade Arena)
Records: VCU 7-7, Brown 7-4
The Short Story: The Rams' offense put up a season-high 85 points and used a 14-4 run at the beginning of the fourth quarter to put the Bears away. Curteeona Brelove posted her second double-double in as many games to lead the Rams. She led all players in scoring and set a career-high in both points and rebounds with 19 and 14, respectively.
- VCU set a new season-high for points scored in a game with 85 the first half with 45
- The Rams shot an astounding 57.1 percent from the field before the break.
- VCU contributed a well balanced attack with 10 players scoring in the contest.
- The Black and Gold pounded the ball inside to outscore Brown 52-26 on points in the paint.
- VCU dominated the glass to outrebound the Bears 50-25.
- The Rams' depth was a key factor with 42 of their 85 points coming off of the bench.
- Four Bears scored 15 or more points in the game.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Both teams started the game shooting exceptionally well as Brown was 7-of-14 from the field while VCU was 10-of-18.
- There were 5 lead changes in the first half but VCU went into the break with a 45-42 lead.
- Trailing VCU 49-42 with 6:32 left in the third quarter, Brown went on a 6-0 run to cut the Rams lead to 49-48.
- The Rams outscored Brown 14-4 to take a 73-60 lead with 7:24 remaining in the game.
- VCU's defense took over as Brown only got as close as eight points in the final 6:37.
COACH O'BOYLE ON THE GAME:
"Our non-conference schedule has been very challenging and it was great to get such a hard-fought win today as we head into Atlantic 10 play against La Salle on Sunday."