Meet: Paul Short Run (Brown Race)
Location: Bethlehem, Pa.
Team Scoring: 1-Buffalo 59, 2-George Washington 77, 3-Siena 79, 4-Marist 93 … 10-Lafayette 310, 11-VCU 311, 12-Elon 319 …
The short story:
The Rams placed 11th out of 18 teams in their first 8k of the season. Leading the way was Bryce Catlett, who placed fourth out of a field of 132 finishers. His impressive 24:51 finish was just ten seconds behind the first place time. The Rams' five runners averaged a time of 26:34.
THE FINISH LINE
- Catlett jumped 61 spots from his overall finish a year ago at the Paul Short Run. His 24:51 time was the best he's recorded in his young collegiate career.
- VCU's second runner was Michael Villagomaz, who finished 70th overall. Villagomaz covered the 8,000-meters in 26:32, trimming nearly 90 seconds off of last year's time.
- Following Villagomaz by 15 seconds was Austin Conway, who came in at 81st..
- Freshman James De La Rama placed 85th, completing his first collegiate 8K with a time of 26:53.
- Rounding out the Rams' runners was senior Bismillah Alidost, coming in 110th.
The Rams will travel to Newport News, Va. to compete in the CNU Cross Country Invitational on Saturday, Oct. 14.