Meet: Paul Short Run
Location: Bethlehem, Pa. (Murray H. Goodman Campus)
Distance: 8,000 Meters
Team Scoring: 1-Princeton 68, 2-Siena 198, 3-Marist 202, 4-Shippenburg 208, 5-New York University 224...32-VCU 779
The short story: The VCU men were once again led by freshman Bryce Catlett. Catlett finished 65th out of 401 competitors, finishing in the top 20 percent of the pack at the Paul Short Run. Every Ram runner set personal record times in the 8,000-meter run.
THE FINISH LINE
- The Rams' top five runners improved their average time by 1:20 over last year, averaging a time of 26:22 this year.
- Every runner for the Rams hit a personal record in the 8K.
- Bryce Catlett posted a time of 25:37, hitting a per mile average of 5:10.
- Bismillah Alidost and Brandon Wells finished as a pair with times of 26:10 and 26:19, respectively. Alidost finished 136th and Wells placed 153rd.
- Calvin Wood posted a time of 26:37 and finished 187th.
- Sophomore transfer Austin Conway competed in his first event as a Ram, putting up a time of 27:04 and placing 238th.
- Freshman Lucas Sidle and sophomore Michael Villagomez rounded out the rest of the Ram squad, finishing with times of 27:14 and 28:08, respectively.
"Catlett led the way again. The men raced with much better confidence today, competed, and stepped up to plate." -- VCU Coach Nicole Cook
The Rams will head down to Newport News, Va. on Oct. 15 to compete in the Christopher Newport University Invitational.