EVENT: Christopher Newport University Invite (Newport News, Va.)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The VCU Men's Cross Country placed all six runners in the top 50 and won the CNU Invite on Saturday with a total team score of 48.
- Senior Brenden Leavitt led the Rams with a third place finish in the event. He ran a 25:34 in the 8K race.
- Finishing only a second behind Leavitt, was sophomore Mohamed Adam, who placed fourth in the race. Adam finished with a time of 25:35
- Sophomore Samuel Hush finished the race with a time 26:15, which was good for a ninth place finish.
- The Rams would get a top 15 finish from junior Justin Kendall. Kendall ran a 26:24 and finished in 12th place.
- Rounding out VCU's top six runners were sophomore Khalid Khamis and senior Alex Hinton. Khamis finished in 20th place, while Hinton finished in 38th.
3rd- Brenden Leavitt, 25:34
4th- Mohamed Adam, 25:35
9th- Sam Hush, 26:15
12th- Justin Kendall, 26:24
20th- Khalid Khamis, 26:51
38th- Alex Hinton, 27:39
40th- Matthew Earman, 27:41
48th- Corey Scott, 27:52
52nd- Berham McDowell, 28:01
66th- Anthony Green, 28:31
"The men and women all raced well today in preparation for the conference meet. They all executed their race plans and showed me that they are ready to take on the competition at the conference meet. They showed poise and confidence out there today and many were able to get personal best. [Brenden] Leavitt led the men's team to a team win, and I am proud of all of our athletes."
-Head Coach Nicole Cook
The men's cross country team will head to the 2012 Atlantic 10 Championship which will be held in Philadelphia, Pa. on Oct. 27.