EVENT: William & Mary Invitational (Williamsburg, Va.)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The VCU Men's Cross Country team opened up the 2012 slate with a strong showing at the William & Mary Invitational. The Rams placed five runners in the top 50 overall, and finished fourth in the event.
- Senior Brenden Leavitt (pictured) paced the Rams with a time 25:38, good for a fourth place finish.
- Sophomore Mohamed Adam, also started off of on the right foot. He finished with a 26:48 time in 23rd place.
- Sophomore Samuel Hush posted a 27:27 mark finishing in 38th place. While sophomore Matthew Earman finished in 44th place with a time of 27:52.
- The final finisher in the top-50 was Justin Kendall, who finished with a 28:09 time in 48th place.
"The athletes ran well today, and their performances gave me a good idea of where they are and what we need to work on. Brenden Leavitt, and Mohamed Adam looked impressive today, and I'm looking forward to everyone else focusing to get where they need to be by conference to make an impact."
-Head Coach Nicole Cook
The Rams return to action on Wednesday, Sept. 14 when they will compete in the Virginia Union Invitational.