The Short Story: VCU's Men's Track & Field continued their 2019 Indoor Season this weekend with a strong showing at the George Mason Invitational. Overall, the Rams had athletes finish in the top-3 of their respective events five times.
How It Happened (Day One)
- VCU's Men's Track & Field Team did not compete in the opening day events on Friday.
How It Happened (Day Two)
- Freshman Jaekob Vollbrecht won the Shot Put, recording a throw of 17.11m, which set a new personal best.
- Sophomore Will Schwartz won the Weight Throw after setting a new personal best with a 18.04m toss.
- Junior Ian Davis won the 60M Hurdles after posting a time of 8.14 in the event.
- Junior Chukwuezugo Aguolu earned a third place finish in the 200M Dash, posting a time of 22.87.
- Sophomore Xyan Xrichardson finished in third place in the High Jump after posting a 1.99m leap.
- Freshman Emmanuel Waller set a new personal best and placed fourth in the 400M Dash, finishing with a time of 50.93.
The Rams will be back in action on Friday, Feb. 1, when they travel to Lynchburg, Va. to compete in the Liberty Flames Invite.