Meet: Hampton Invitational – Hampton, Va.
Results: Click Here
The Short Story: Junior Mohamed Adam was a part of two victories to lead the VCU men's track & field squad to 15 top-three performances, which included six victories for the Black & Gold. Adam won the mile and was a part of the victorious distance medley relay. Classmates Matt Earman (3000m) and George Moore (300m) also took home the top spot in their respective events. In addition, sophomores Delvin Woodruff (triple jump) and Xavier Waller (high jump) each claimed gold at the meet.
- Mohamed Adam took the top overall spot in the mile with a time of 4:37.46. He was followed closely behind by classmate Sam Hush, who finished in 4:37.94.
- Matthew Earman won the 3000 in 9:26.73.
- The men's distance medley relay team of Berham McDowell, Tehquin Warrick, Khalid Khamis, and Mohamed Adam finished first in a time of 10:43.32
- George Moore was the top collegian in the 300-meters with a time of 35.48.
- Woodruff home the top Division I mark with a jump of 45' 9 ¾". That mark moves him up to seventh all-time in VCU history.
- Waller was the top Division I mark in the high jump, clearing 6' 4 ¾" to take home gold.
- "Our distance runners and middle distance runners made the biggest splash on the track today. We have been looking forward to them having a breakout meet and today was that day. They should that they came to compete and found a way to battle back and win a number of events. We look towards seeing them continue to compete hard as the season goes on." – Head Coach Jon Riley
- "Two weeks in a row now we have had young triple jumpers have strong marks in our program's history. This is an event we are making a strong push to be successful in and we will continue to work hard to keep jumping further as the season goes on. – Head Coach Jon Riley
- The Rams are back in action next weekend when they travel to Blacksburg, Va. to compete at the Hokie Invitational.